It’s no secret how much I love time spent in and around this great city of Austin, but here in the Lone Star State, we are also extremely fortunate to have a wealth of excellent options for adventures and fun just a short drive in any direction from the Capital City.
Whether you’re in the mood for a long weekend, family vacation or just need a quick day trip to get away from the monotonous grind and recharge the batteries, here’s a list of excursions well worth checking into. I highly recommend’em all!
1) Hill Country Heaven: Fredericksburg, Luckenbach and the Texas Wine Trail
2) Coastal Cool: Corpus Christi, Port Aransas and Mustang Island, Texas
3) The Man Trip: Spoetzl Brewery (Shiner) and The BBQ Capital of Texas (Lockhart)
4) The Perfect Staycation: Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa – Austin/Bastrop, Texas
5) Small Town Perfection: Johnson City, Hye and Albert, Texas
6) Leisure Personified: The Guadalupe and Comal Rivers and Gruene, Texas
Happy and safe travels, y’all!