Against all odds and despite the rumors in the gossip columns, I have not been kidnapped and held for ransom, nor have I forgotten about the “Unofficial Mayor of Austin” blog and apologize to my readers for failing to maintain frequent posts throughout 2013.
Truth be told, my life working at Dulce Vida Organic Tequila this year has been, not only, amazing, but also extremely time-consuming, leaving me without much free time to write. No complaints at all. Truly living the dream.
Amazingly, we’re on the verge of wrapping up the year (pun intended, considering the current holiday season) and with December now in full swing, I’ve been asked a good bit of late for my thoughts on this year of music and my favorite albums released throughout 2013.
Once again, from what my ears can tell, we’ve been blessed with a wealth of tremendous efforts over the last twelve months. Without question, there are definitely those that have truly impressed and that I have, quite honestly, worn out (and continue to do so).
After much thought, consideration and listening, I am happy to share my list of the “Best of the Best,” my Top 10 Albums of 2013. I would also love to hear your feedback, thoughts and favorites from the year, as well.
Excellent listening, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, y’all! Keep on rockin’ and cheers to an even more incredible 2014!
1) Jake Bugg – “Jake Bugg”
2) The Wild Feathers – “The Wild Feathers”
3) Kacey Musgraves – “Same Trailer Different Park”
4) The Lone Bellow – “The Lone Bellow”
5) Sons of Fathers – “Burning Days”
6) Vampire Weekend – “Modern Vampires of the City”
7) Charlie Robison – “High Life”
8) The Avett Brothers – “Magpie and the Dandelion”
9) Neko Case – “The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You”
10) Dale Watson and His Lonestars – “El Rancho Azul”