Happy Holidays, my friends! It’s been far too long since I’ve written and about damn time that I got back to the “blogosphere” and shared a bit of my world from The “Unofficial Mayor of Austin” to you. Hope that 2014 has brought much success, happiness, love and laughter in your lives.
As quickly as time flies, truly hard to believe that we’re concluding another trip through the ol’ calendar. My year has been yet another whirlwind tour filled with much fun among friends and family, both here in Austin and around the country, along with a lot of hard work, excellent travel and great triumphs at Dulce Vida Organic Tequila.
With December 31st right around the corner, I am bringing 2014 to a close with my annual review of the year in music. While the media tends to put a frequent negative spin on the state of the industry, to the contrary, I stumbled across quite a few outstanding efforts over the past 12 months.
So…without further adieu, I share with you now my “Top 14 Albums of 2014.” Hope you enjoy and hope you might also discover a few nuggets of greatness from this list. Here’s wishing each and every one of you, and your families, a wonderful holiday season, a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a tremendous New Year in 2015!
Cheers from The “Unofficial Mayor of Austin!”
Top 14 Albums of 2014
1) Vance Joy – “Dream Your Life Away”
2) Sturgill Simpson – “Metamodern Sounds in Country Music”
3) First Aid Kit – “Stay Gold”
4) Damien Rice – “My Favourite Faded Fantasy”
5) Foo Fighters – “Sonic Highways”
6) Dierks Bentley – “Riser”
7) Sons of Fathers – “State of the Art”
8) Willie Nelson – “Band of Brothers”
9) Charlie Mars – “The Money”
10) Bleachers – “Strange Desire”
11) The War On Drugs – “Lost In The Dream”
12) The Black Keys – “Turn Blue”
13) Beck – “Morning Phase”
14) Ryan Adams – “Self-Titled”