Happy, Happy New Year, my friends! I hope you’ve rung in 2016 in a large way and your blank canvas to another excellent annual spin around the sun is off to a tremendous start.
After an incredibly busy 2015 peddling tequila around the globe at Dulce Vida Organic Tequila, it dawned on me that it’s been way too long since I’ve hopped onto the ol’ “blogosphere” and shared a bit of my world from The “Unofficial Mayor of Austin” to yours.
With not a complaint in the world, my year was yet another non-stop adventure filled with excellent travels, great successes, hard work, much fun and outstanding moments with friends and family, both here in Austin and around the country.
With the 2015 chapter of our lives now wrapped up, I am ringing in 2016 with my annual review of the year in music. Contrary to media trends offering a frequent negative spin on the state of the industry, I continue to find my ears brilliantly satisfied with great releases over the past 12 months.
So…without further adieu, I share with you now my “Top 10 Albums of 2015.” Hope you enjoy and hope you might also discover a few nuggets of greatness from this list. Here’s wishing each and every one of you, and your families, a fantastic and extremely successful 2016 filled with great health, much happiness, love and laughter! LIVE A GREAT STORY!
Cheers from The “Unofficial Mayor of Austin!”
Top 10 Albums of 2015
1) Ryan Bingham – “Fear and Saturday Night”
2) Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – “Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats”
3) Leon Bridges – “Coming Home”
4) Mumford and Sons – “Wilder Mind”
5) Chris Stapleton – “Traveller”
6) Coldplay – “A Head Full of Dreams”
7) Kacey Musgraves – “Pageant Material”
8) Gary Clark, Jr. – “The Story of Sonny Boy Slim”
9) Jason Isbell – “Something More Than Free”
10) Adele – “25”